A little on the higher price range when it comes to the budget range for red dot sights. Being one of the heaviest sighting devices in the market, weighing about 1.1 pounds, this device is great for beginners. In this vortex
This is probably the best option for those who are advancing from a stage of being beginners to advanced firearms shooters.
- Model number: VT-SF-501-HAT
- Includes a CR 2 lithium battery
- 30 mm Flip-cap optical covers
- Magnification: 1 x
- Adjustment commencement: 1/2 MOA
- Cantilever ring support most AR-15 rifles
- Objective Lens Diameter: 30 mm
- Parallax Setting: Parallax Free
- Adjustment Graduation: 1 MOA
- Travel per Rotation: 45 MOA
- Max Windage Adjustment: 90 MOA
- Max Elevation Adjustment: 90 MOA
- Length: 5.6 inches
- Weight 204 gram
Pros of the Vortex Strikefire 2
- It can be adjusted very easily.
- Very easy to use and pretty much available for use as soon as it is taken out of its packaging.
- For the more advanced shooter who know more about mount rails, the overall weight of this can be reduced substantially based on the mounting rail used.
- Has a moderate battery life which lasts up to 6 months.
- It has a high-quality dot with variable colors (green/red) available.
- It doesn’t add too much of bulkiness to the weapon.
- It has a parallax free reflex sight.
- This has been designed in such a way that it allows co-witnessed sighting and rapid target acquisition.
- It consists of an aluminum alloy 30mm chassis which provides a high recoil rating
- It has protection from fog and water.
Cons of The Vortex Strikefire 2
- Though it does provide some protection from fog and water due to its aluminum body, it is not entirely waterproof.
- The lens caps on this one are permanently affixed.
- Can be very heavy for a beginner who has no knowledge about mounting rails.
- The on/off buttons can be a pain for left-handed shooters as these buttons are placed in such a way that they are more suitable for right-handed shooters.
- There are graduations in the horizontal and vertical turrets but it is not at all easy to adjust these because first these have to be unclogged and then a flat headed screwdriver has to be used to lateral and height adjustments.
- The lens flare is highly reflective at certain angles which could easily give away your position in certain situations.
The Vortex Strikefire 2 is a great red dot shot for beginner level shooters and may be useful for intermediate and advanced shooters as well because of its high-end features and easy to use mechanism. It proves to be a very good investment in the mid-range optic products category. It stands out from other products in this category for its reliability and great quality of products use for its manufacturing. It is absolutely ideal for wildlife or landscape observations and for situations that require you to deploy your firearms as quickly as possible.